Gorgeous condo at the venerable Abbey in the historic district of South Kenwood. A composite of Prairie, Federal and Georgian styles, this landmark building was designed by noted architect Andrew Sandegren in 1906 and converted to condos in 2008. This top floor unit has an open floor plan with recessed lighting and speakers, white oak floors, crown molding and a gas log fireplace with copper resin surround. The finishes throughout the condo are of the highest quality. Shaker cabinets, granite counters, stone backsplash, a breakfast bar/island and stainless steel appliances can be found in the kitchen. The bathrooms, which are clad in tumbled travertine with mosaic accents, feature custom vanities with double undermount sinks, marble counters, Kohler fixtures, and 6' soaking tubs. The primary bedroom bathroom has a separate walk-in shower. There is a laundry closet with side-by-side, front-loading washer and dryer. All but one of the rooms have plantation shutters that filter light and provide privacy. A covered balcony offers welcome outdoor space for grilling and relaxing during the warm weather. Bike storage and a storage locker can be found in the finished lower level. This well-managed building is located about 7 miles south of downtown and 8 blocks from the University of Chicago campus on a leafy street with stately homes.